Dr Brian Poschelk can help you create your perfect smile and restore bite and function through fixed or clear braces (Invisalign).
Dr Brian Poschelk is qualified under the Progressive Orthodontic Seminars program to perform orthodontics. Brian has completed more than 300 cases and has continuous success with his patients. See some examples of his excellent results below.
Early intervention refers to orthodontic treatments that are used for patients who do not yet have all their adult teeth, generally patients under the age of 14. The main reason for using early intervention is to correct structural problems in the mouth that may prevent the emergence of adult teeth and therefore cause future mouth structure problems.
At Whitsunday Family Dental, Dr Brian may recommend early intervention for the following reasons:
- Expand the dental arches to make room for the adult teeth
- Correct crowding, protrusions and crossbites, overbites, underbites and bite alignment
- Eliminate orthopaedic discrepancies between the jaws (upper to lower)
- Improve facial shape and the effects of buck teeth (from finger or thumb sucking)
- Improve breathing airways and poor swallowing
- Decrease the chances of developing TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) problems in the future
Once all the permanent teeth have come through, fixed braces and the use of night-time headgear are used to correct teeth alignment.
Traditional braces are still the most widely used and effective method to give patients straight, healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. Braces also provide the most predictable final result for the patient. Conventional braces move teeth into better alignment using brackets (which are attached to the teeth) and wires (which connect the brackets to each other).